Friday, January 01, 2010

almost a blue moon



In the last 10 years, the birt hday boy has taken
5 years to move from 31 to 32,
4 more years to be nudged ahead with a great deal of haranguing on my part, from 32 to 34,
and another year to grudgingly accept that he was 38 yesterday.

Being born on the last day of the year, for some reason, allows him to to remain a particular age for longer. I being born in the middle of the year, am apparently at a disadvantage. Depending on his mathematical prowess and annoyance quotient of the moment, I have been anything between 40 and 55, in the last 10 years.

Thank god, it was not a blue moon day when he was born. It would have taken him another 19 years to turn 39 (or not!). And I would be called a cougar.

5 comments:

Violet said...

LOL.. Great to know that some men also cared. What is deal about being born in the middle of the year? I am born in July, but don't think that can stop me from freezing before hitting 30 :)

memsaab said...

Tell him that his age doesn't matter a bit as long as he remains the sweet loving guy that he is.

Plus, he'll always be handsome. He's just one of those types. Rowwwwrrr! (I hate the term cougar though. Hate it.)

Lekhni said...

I wonder how he'd age if he was born on Feb 29? (Or maybe you should claim Feb 29 as your bday :))

Banno said...

Violet, I'm sure I'd be aging rapidly, as far as Teja is concerned, even if I was born on the same date as him. :)

Memsaab, I think he just likes to pretend he is younger than he is, to make me look older. I know, I hate that term 'cougar' too.

Lekhni, :)

dipali said...

Happy birthday to Teja, however old or young he chooses to be!

banno at wordpress

I'm moving to wordpress. I'll miss blogger, especially the fab blogroll feature. But my blog has been virtually impossible to open o...