Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's one of those days

When the doctor says there is nothing wrong with your insides.

When an old man says you remind me of my daughter, may you always be happy and do well.

When Mr. Amitabh Bachchan thanks me in a letter to the editor in Tehelka, for my review of 'Paa'.

When we log in to book a train ticket for Teja for the same day and there are several seats vacant on the train he wants.

When Penguin delivers my complimentary copy of the anthology 'First Proof 5' which has my short story 'Your Room' on page 122.

When it takes only an hour to get home rather than an hour and a half.

When Karmickids gives me the superior scribbler award.

When someone gifts us a pack of dark Toblerones.

When I can spend the evening watching the end of 'Dil Deke Dekho' for a few more laughs before I sleep.

When someone quotes his guru to me and says, "Don't renounce what you have, renounce what you don't have" and that gives me a new way to think about my name, which means 'someone who has the potential to renounce everything'.


When it seems to me that it may not be a bad idea to blow the trumpet for a while, even if it means the ones in the vicinity will shut their ears.



Edited to add: Here's the link to Mr. Bachchan's email on the 'Bouquets and Brickbats' page of Tehelka. Scroll down to a box Appraisal.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

So who tops this list? Its a close call between Big B and the dark chocolate if you ask me.

memsaab said...

Shammi does! Duh.

But Big B and dark chocolate are a close second. What did he say? Do tell: I can't find it.

Banno said...

Hard to say, folks, hard to say. Probably Teja packed away in a train!! :)

SUR NOTES said...

Blow away on the trumpet. I am your neighbour, not complaining, only grooving to the music.

I saw Proof 5 in the shop the other day, wish I had picked it up. Did not go through the names, or else I would have surely brought it home with me.

Reflections said...

Renounce what u dont have....hmmmm sounds good to me:-P

came here thru Karmic kids:-)

dipali said...

May you have many more such lovely days, Banno:)

Violet said...

Did you just say 'Amitabh Bachchan'?? Wow! I cannot wait to tell people that I am known to someone who AB also knows :D You know me right?

Pitu said...

Banno, I couldn't find Amitabh's reference to you on his blog. Direct link pliss! And I'd say getting published in an anthology is the best :)

Amrita said...

You go, girl!

wordjunkie said...

Congratulations on all counts, especially the story which I really liked.

parotechnics said...

I say! So many good newses - your blog is now working on my computer - perhaps to add to list! Congrats congrats and congrats - that makes two friends in FP5, you and Bishakha. Great! Shall buy and read..

Creative Writer said...

yes.. i agree with Banno...
http://www.mumbaitourpackages.net

banno at wordpress

I'm moving to wordpress. I'll miss blogger, especially the fab blogroll feature. But my blog has been virtually impossible to open o...