This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY – nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
Grasshopper gave me this award because she says I am "A fellow FTIIan, I feel closer to her as a fellow blogger than I ever did before." And I feel the same way about her.
It's strange how many people I feel that way about. I've known them ever so long, and yet, feel closer to them now as fellow bloggers. And so I pass on this award to ..
1. Space Bar - She takes me into realms which I'd conveniently avoid if left to myself. Like poetry.
2. Sur - She is a next door neighbor whom I hardly ever see. But Sanah and she make me relive those early years with Dhanno.
3. Paro - I always thought she was a little formidable. But as it turns out, I like her.
Then, there are the people I've never met. But want to, some day, in this life.
4. Memsaab - She has an amazing taste in films, actors, directors, costumes, sets. That is to say, she has a taste that absolutely matches mine! She reminds me of all those childhood days, those dingy theatres and the magic of those films.
5. Beth - She differs. But she has strong opinions. And she's fun.
And then there are those who astound me with the power of their writing and their imagination. I'd like to meet them one day too. But I'd probably be a little shy around them.
6. Indeterminacy - His is a blog you simply can't ignore. Fabulous stories accompanying pictures sent to him by friends.
7. Madeleine - She's become really busy with her online magazine, Greenbeard. So her blog is rather neglected. I miss her.
8. Stan Johns - His blog, Half Dentist, is quirky and obscure and leaves so much unsaid, and I love it.
And though I've run out of my quota of awards, I cannot leave out
9. Dipali - She writes of home, kids, dogs, holidays and life. And I feel as if I've grown up knowing her.
10. Shweta - I love the name of her blog, Apni East India Company. And I like her film reviews.