Monday, October 29, 2007

butterfly

The tiniest little orange-and-black butterfly is fluttering around my plants since morning. It's the first time I've seen one on my 13th floor window sill. The sparrows come everyday. And the crows too. I like the crows. The pigeons are fewer now since we have the grills and the net window, though they continue to infect the plants, and sometimes me, in their disgusting way. I almost gave up my plants to them last year, discouraged by their persistent droppings. I didn't do my annual re-potting too this year. But now that I've seen the butterfly, I think it's time to bring out the flowers again.

Didn't capture the butterfly. Got the pigeon, though.

2 comments:

Madeleine said...

your hiatus is duly noted - come back soon, i hope.

Space Bar said...

yes. come back already! what is this?!

banno at wordpress

I'm moving to wordpress. I'll miss blogger, especially the fab blogroll feature. But my blog has been virtually impossible to open o...